Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed a motor on a may tag lde5005ace direction had me…

Customer Question
I changed a motor on...
I changed a motor on a may tag lde5005ace direction had me change some wires , when plugged in it hums when in off position ans nothing when turned on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
New motor had me change a couple of wires
2/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

what is the part number of the motor that you are installing in the dryer?

S58sveet-7126

could the part number be W10410999?

That is original motor

ok is the S58# ***** original or the W104#?

S58 new -w104 old

ok And I originally asked for the part number of the motor that you are installing in the dryer!

Is it a number of W10410999?

Original s58nxeet-4784 new is s58sveet -7126

where did you get this motor from?

because the w104 should be the new part number not the old one ,unless the part had recently been replaced

I believe motor was replaced once before

ok if the motor was replaced before you should not have needed to rewire the newest motor at all!

So do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to test for voltage to the new motor

The terminals were different

and the terminals or the centrifugal switch itself?

I have black going to 2
Yellow to 6
Red to 5
Blue to 1
Gray to overload
Does this help?

ok so you have it wired correctly !

I have now asked this question three times, can you please answer it .

((So do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to test for voltage to the new motor))

Sorry there is a delay- you havin a bad morning? Yes I have one

Not having a bad day but I asked one questions and you seemed to be avoiding it, that is the way it looked on my end.

Ok with the meter lets test the Grey to the Red with the dryer set to where it should be running and with the door switch set so the door will show closed.

And let me know what the voltage is to the motor.

I have nothing-volt meter shows zero

ok that is L1 and neutral to the motor.

If the timer is set to a run cycle and the door is closed or set up as if it is closed then your issue is not the motor.

What was the motor being replaced for?

Clunking nose in motor when started and stopped
Excessive noise in motor
While running
Give me a second I am going to go grab another volt meter

ok no problem!

And can you tell where this clunking noise is coming from?

There is nothing in the motor that would cause this .

Is the motor mounted down and the blower wheel screwed on securely to the motor shaft?

When it is in the run position I have 120 volts and it hums
When I put it in the run and push start button I get 150 volts
The motor is mounted down and blower wheel screwed securely. It worked fine just noises motor

ok are you sure that your getting 150 volts? on Grey to Red

oh wait your getting voltage to the motor before you press start?

In run position when start button held 119 volts
When not holding start button nothing

ok now I understand .

then you have a bad motor if it is getting 119 volts and it is not running it is a bad motor.

Can you turn the shaft/ motor pulley by hand?

it spins free

ok so then it is not a issue of the motor being jammed but just a bad motor.

Whom did you purchase the motor from?

Sunderg appliance,just out of curiosity why would it hum in off position

it can only hum if it is getting voltage when the timer is off .

And I did ask (oh wait your getting voltage to the motor before you press start?)

In off position, no voltage until I hit start button,then I get voltage and a hum from control panel

ok so the hum is NOT from the motor but from the control panel?

ok so I`m assuming the hum is from the push to start switch is that correct?

it is

ok it is humming because the motor is pulling voltage /amperage but not starting. so the switch has a high load on it.

Do you have more questions for me today?

Does that mean it is something in the switch

yes the contacts in the switch is what is humming because the motor is not running.

the push to start switch is not the issue.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time