Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Is my name and my problem is a leaking discharge gasket on…

Customer Question
Is my name and...

Is my name and my problem is a leaking discharge gasket on an Insinkerator evolution disposal

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The junction between the drain line and the unit is dripping. There is a whole in the rubber gasket.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Is this a new install? And do you have a model number for your disposal so I can better assist you?

no it is 7 years old insinkerator evolution premier

The model number should be on a sticker somewhere on the disposal itself. If you can't find that then can you see what horsepower it is by chance?

just says premier under the model it is a 3/4 hp

Sorry, I'm going to have to opt out because I can look up the parts breakdown without a model number. I wish you the best.

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

on insinkerator models the model number is ***** the very bottom of the disposal.

If you can get it and give it to me I then can assist you!

under model on the label it just says premier

ok do you see a serial number on that tag?

sure it is ***********

ok let me try to find you part number the gasket is where the J tube attaches to the disposal the round flat gasket about 1 1/4 diameter is that correct?

that sounds correct

Ok here is a link to the gasket on the outlet side of the disposal .

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Insinkerator-Garbage-Disposer-Gasket/1470/832637?ss=a2b99&mr=0?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

that is the part for the Evolution Premier model.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time