Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I AM ***** *****, MY WASHER WFW8410SW01 GAVE AN ERROR CODE…

Customer Question
HELLO, I AM *****...

HELLO, I AM ***** *****, MY WASHER WFW8410SW01 GAVE AN ERROR CODE OF F5. THE MACHINE WOULD START A WASH CYCLE NORMALLY HOWEVER WHEN ITS TIME TO WASH (THE SIGNAL CLICK COULD BE HEARD) THE BARREL DOES A GENTLE ROCK & STOPS........... GENTLE ROCKS AGAIN & STOPS , EJECTS THE WATER AND THE CYCLE IS OVER WELL SHORT OF THE STIPULATED TIME FOR THE CYCLE. I FOLLOWED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS RECOMMENDED FOR THIS ERROR CODE (F5) BUT THE MACHINE CONTINUES TO OPERATE THE SAME WAY WITH NO ERROR CODE BEING DISPLAYED NOW.......

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I JUST TYPED ALL THE ISSUES ABOUT THIS MACHINE. THE MACHINE IS SEVEN YEARS OLD.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your question.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today. Thank you.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

That washer model has an electronic temperature sensor, to better determine and control the temperature of the wash and rinse water. The sensor used is called a thermistor which has the ability to change in resistance as it changes in temperature. If during the water heating step in the wash cycle, the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range, the 'F/05' error code will be displayed. Replace the temp sensor and the washer will be fixed.

Washer Water Temperature Sensor

Part #:(###) ###-####/a>

and here is the gasket for the sensor if you want to replace it as well, I recommend to change it.

Washer Thermistor Gasket

Part #:(###) ###-####/a>

It's very easy to replace, here is a video that shows how:

video - click here

I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. If you don't see it please let me know.

Please be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site as this rating reflects on me not on the site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

care of this.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

care of this.