Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an electric dryer and although it's working and

Customer Question
Hi. i have...

Hi. i have an electric dryer and although it's working and drying everything smells like gas fumes. could this be a need to clean the vent?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's a maytag Epic Z. smells like fumes when i open the dryer door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

****Good morning. Where is you dryer lint trap is it in the door or on top of the dryer?

it is in the front - below the door

Okay. Open the door and remove the lint filter. Then keep the door open and pushing and hold the door switch and turn on the dryer. Then stick you hand in where the filter goes and you want to be able to feel of air pulling. P.S nothing is going to hurt you when you have your hand in there. Let me know if you feel the pull of air.

unfortunately I'm not at home by the dryer so I can't actually do that right now. i just stumbled across this site and didn't realize you actually walked me through step by step. sorry but I guess this may not work.

Okay, I will be back on tonight if you would like try when you get home.

ok thank you!

No problem

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

If you need anything else let me know

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks