John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have just sent my c.c. details,but can get no further

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

So all the programs appear to work but only two will actually start correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
1.The LCD display on the machine does not light up,that's o.k. I can manage .
2.Yes all other programmes give bleeps and whirrs but do not start.The only programmes that work are on 6,and 8 ,both are the colourfast mixed fabrics for normal to light soiling.Both these are long cycles.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to be able to use the "rinse &spin" and short cycles sometimes.

You will need a new board to fix the whole issue, that will also correct the display. However I am not finding that model as valid can you double check it.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your feedback, I have completed the star rating system.
The washing machine is a front loader.The model is MAYTAG, MAF1300 AAW.This is all that written on the machine and the instruction booklet.
It wouldn't surprise me if they have stopped making this model as it is over 10 years old. Can you estimate how much a mother board would cost, and whom I could contact to fix it?
Thanks for your help,I appreciate it.

Is this a Canadian model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Made in the U.K.

Yes sorry I am not going to have any info on that unit. I am in the US