Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why is it so hard to find a repairman and why does it take…

Customer Question
Why is it so hard...
Why is it so hard to find a repairman and why does it take weeks to get parts for a Samsung refrigerator or any Samsung appliance for that matter? This puts a big shadow over the purchase of the appliances when in fact the appliances could be better than the current domestic market (i.e. Whirlpool, GE, etc.). I realize we are all in a new world with appliances because of energy management, features and electronics from the long lasting, durable world of the past. But there is something wrong when dealing with Samsung in the US market. I would think over time need would drive/create availability but this has been a long complaint in the blogs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So the reality is this---Samsung doesn't pay enough on warranty for companies to want to work on their products. Many companies will refuse to do warranty work because the machines are much more complicated than many American brands like Whirlpool, or Maytag, or GE. When you combine that with the fact that they pay substantially less to each company for the warranty calls, it doesn't encourage companies to work on their products. Outside of warranty is a different story. Companies can charge whatever they like, but without having the training that you get from factory warranty work, companies can't know how to fix the appliances well outside of warranty. There are usually a few more companies that will work on the appliance outside of warranty in a given area, but less under warranty. Either way, the total amount of companies that service Samsung products are far less than domestic brand appliances or other non-domestic higher end brands (like Bosch), and it's all attributed to literally losing money on almost every warranty call you have to run for Samsung. At my last company, they performed service on Samsung for 1 year to see if the amount of out of warranty (called COD calls) outweighed the losses we took from running warranty calls. The results were basically flat so it wasn't worth it and unfortunately for consumers of Samsung products, they are the ones that feel the result. This is why I do not recommend Samsung products. I think their washers are actually quite good, but service issues likely won't change for many years I would expect.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.