Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Top loading gh efficiency low water washer: Question: The…

Customer Question
Top loading High efficiency low...
Top loading High efficiency low water washer: Question: The machine has a load (medium sized) the tub shut down at the spin cycle indicating it was out of balance; I adjusted the wet clothes in the unit to balance it out, water volume was about 2 inches deep. Closed the machine it would not lock the lid, I again readjusted the wet clothes, lid did not lock and no resumption of the cycle occurred. I have since removed the heavy wet clothes/towels, tried to set the options dial to spin and drain, no action. Then emptied the unit of clothes and set to the Clean Washer cycle...no action. Presently I turned the dial to Normal after having unplugged the machine and waited several hours. I plugged the machine back in on Normal,the light bar says "spin" ...no action. Is there a reset button or does this require a service tech visit. Machine was purchased 11/25/2014. Model # *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. There is no reset button on the washer. There is a diagnostic sequence you could try to see if there are codes to tell us what happened. Could you check the model number to see it the third from last digit is a D like this, MVWX655DW0?

Do you still need help?