Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer needs to be recalibrated, how do I get help with…

Customer Question
My washer needs to be...
My washer needs to be recalibrated, how do I get help with this? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

It sounds like your control board has just failed, not that it needs to be re-calibrated. You can certainly try to re-calibrate the unit but I really think based on what you're saying it won't even allow you to re-calibrate and you likely need to replace the control board.

Now, to recalibrate below are the instructions:

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "RINSE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

The washer will start to recalibrate and if it works then great. I have a feeling you won't even be able to get it into diagnostics based on what you have said however so I don't think recalibration is an option.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?