Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My brand new lg, t, I have a brand new LG front loading

Customer Question
My brand new lg ...

My brand new lg

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

T

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

I have a brand new LG front loading washer. The door does not latch or lock. I am talking with the service desk but they are no help. Do you have any insight into what the problem might be?

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Rick, Repair Guy replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am going to ask you a few questions, please answer them to the best of your knowledge, even if someone has asked before , remember I am here to help you and am new to your problem

When you close the door, and hit start do you hear anything at all?

Loud click click

That is the door lock trying to latch. this time push on the door near the latch and hit start, see if the latch will catch.

Latch did not catch after three tries this time. I pressed on the door as suggested while pressing the start button. I have been doing this for a week. Sometimes it takes and I can do a load of wash. I am so frustrated.
I have been careful to make sure the interior of the door is clean, no clothes hanging out.etc. Are there other factors such as the type of load that is making the door difficult to close?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It is defintely in you lock mechanism, they are made out of plastic, and I have seen them fail straight out of the box. Since this is brand new call your local repair center, give them the model number and they can preorder the lock so they have it with them. There is really no need for the phone call it is posted by Justanswer not me.

thanks. Lg is trying to find a local repair center for me.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If you give me your zip code I will see if I can find someone for you. I am usually faster than LG

John, Home Appliance Technician