Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG washing machine that will not drain properly. I

Customer Question
I have an LG washing...
I have an LG washing machine that will not drain properly. I have tested the power leading to the pump with a multimeter and is showing 120v.... Tested resistance on the motor as well as a brand new replacement motor and both come up with 1... So the motor seems fine. I have inspected all lines, no blockages that I can find. Any tips?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Since you have checked the drain pump, valve, and discharge line for blockages, there is left only to replace a faulty part, whichever it is. If you reside in the U.S., go the www.searsdirectparts.com, and type your model number in the search box. Follow the menu directions to locate the drain pump and/or the drain valve. If you're in the U.K., or Australia, go to www.espares.com, and do the same.

If you need further assistance, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already replaced the pump and it still isn't working, I need assistance finding what else it could be if the unit is getting power and the pump isn't running

If you didn't receive my first response, please let me know, and I'll repeat it. Is the drain pump running, or does it not run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did, The drain pump does not run. The nor the old runs. Is it normal to have a reading of 110-120 volts on the wires leading to the motor even when it's on a cycle that isn't supposed to be using to motor? If I disconnect everything, and mess with it, usually I can get the pump. To just start working eventually but it only works once or twice then goes back to the error. Please advise

There should be no voltage on the motor leads, unless the controller is calling for its operation during a cycle. Let me do some research, and I'll get back to you.

After consulting the wiring diagram, it's obvious that all functions are initiated and completed by the control board. It will be necessary to replace it. Its part number is ***** its price is $188.46. You can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok... However that makes me wonder because if it always had current running to the motor, the new motor should kick on immediately upon plugging it in.

I don't think it's supposed to run, until a cycle is started from the control panel. The fact that it ran immediately, when first plugged in, would indicate a problem occurring with the control board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I'm saying sir. It does NOT turn on automatically. Neither the old nor the brand new one

I'm convinced that the control board is the problem. Would you like me to opt out of the conversation, so other of our experts can discuss it with you?

I will opt out of your question, so others of our experts can discuss it with you. Thank you.

John, restaurant equipment technician