Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool washer Sending, wash, rinse, spin, done, are

Customer Question
Whirlpool washer Sending, wash, rinse, spin...
Whirlpool washer
Sending, wash, rinse, spin, done, are blinking twice then a pause. What does that mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Did you try to pull up the error code and you're getting all the lights flashing 2 times and then a pause?

OK well all the lights illuminating means that no error code is stored. So you'll want to make sure you pulled up the error code properly. Here are the instructions.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line.

If you get the same thing and all the lights flash 2 times, it means you have a bad control board because it's not detecting anything is wrong with your washer.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?