Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore Electric Range model #790.9270 Are oven will not

Customer Question
Kenmore Electric Range model #790.9270 Are...
Kenmore Electric Range model #790.9270
Are oven will not heat up beyond 290 degrees and at that it takes over 45 minutes. The broiler works.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

***** Can you see the bake element turn red?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The bake element is under the bottom of the oven.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The top broiler element turns red when broiler turned on

Gotcha. What I do is put it in bake, open the door and put my hand on the bottom of the oven right away before it gets to hot to touch and feel if it starts to heat. Might try that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That would be a good idea, but I was in the middle of making brownies.. It will heat but takes a long time... Never got to 350 without help from the broiler

I'm taken it that the unit is still to hot to touch. You will need to wait until everything cools down until you can do anything at this point. Your boil works with the bake element to cook thing properly. If your bake element is out your broil will get you to 350 but it will take a long time and it won't cook properly. So let wait until it cools down.

Mean while, Do you have a electrical multi meter?

Has the unit cooled down yet?

Are you still needing help?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Your bake element is likely bad or burned out and will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband has figured it out. Thank you for your time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The elements are fine he used his electrical tester and figured out that it's not getting the right information from control board... Thanks

OK great!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician