Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When I set my oven deg. the ready beep signals at six

Customer Question
when I set my oven...
when I set my oven for 350 deg. the ready beep signals at six minutes. Yet my portable thermometer shows only 225 deg. It takes 15 min. to reach 350. I have installed both a new broiler element and the bottom heat element. Does this signify the thermostat might be faulty?
*****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So the problem is that the oven just has a "timed" cycle to tell you when you can stick your food in the oven. This oven will always beep before it actually reaches the temperature. There is nothing wrong with the oven---it just takes 15 minutes to get to 350, that is 100% normal. If a thermostat was bad, it would just stay at 225 degrees and never get up to 350 degrees because it would think that it's at 350 even though it's not. It's better to just not pay attention to the beep and know that it's better to put the food in after 15 minutes rather than when it beeps.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc