Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher comes up with the error code E-17. What…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher comes...

My Bosch dishwasher comes up with the error code E-17. What is that?

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The code comes up and the appliance stops. I open the door check to be sure everything I can see is ok and I restart it. Some times this takes a few "restarts" other times it goes with the first restart.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/6/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

OK my name is ***** ***** usually this is caused by the flow sensor, something that measures the amount of water into the appliance. Firstly I would do a full descale and clean on the appliance at the suggested temperature, then turn down the water supply tap a little and check to see if this sort the problem out, if not you will have to replace the flow meter.