Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

All the igniters on the burners are firing at the same time…

Customer Question
All the igniters on the...
All the igniters on the burners are firing at the same time right NOW! There was no lit burners when this started to occur. Our housekeepers were cleaning the burners when this happened. How do you stop the igniters from firing? I can not lift the stove top to look underneath. It is a glass top inset into the counter top, not a stand alone unit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off. to stop it from sparking

If they got moisture under the knobs it will continue to spark until that moisture drys out it normally take 6-8 hours for the switches under the burners to dry out.

Do you still need assistance on your question?