Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have had Model 1660 Liebherr Refrigerator a year, I

Customer Question
I have had Model...
I have had Model 1660 Liebherr Refrigerator for about a year, I recently noticed a build-up of ice on the freezer drawers, having removed the drawers we note a considerable build-up of ice/frost on the interior back wall behind the ice-maker. The icemaker recently stopped working regularly, I can hear the solenoid trying to tip the tray to empty it but it doesn't rotate. We have turned the Freezer off, removed all the Frozen food and ice in the ice maker and are waiting for the NO FROST Freezer to defrost. Can you help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It will need to be completely thawed to restore operation. It sounds like there was an air leak rather than a defrost failure, so I would thaw it totally and if it builds up again along the back wall, the heater behind that panel will likely need to be replaced.