How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but in my model I

Customer Question

I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but in my model I can't find any drip tube, or any tube from the bottom freezer at all. I'am getting water and ice from some looking vent and the water leaks down to the bottom of the freezer? Stan 2012 model kbfs20evms11
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but I can't find any tube the water seems to be coming from vent slots upper level of bottom freezer water forms at the bottom and freezes. what to do to prevent this? model kbfs20evms11 year 2012 thanks Stan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my question yet? My appliance is a kitchenaid o gave you the model number already so what is causing the ice to form
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Have you removed the back panel from the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed back panel and did not see any hose or tube from the freezer area???
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

There should be a drip tray on the bottom, if it is full of ice you will not see the hole.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no ice in the back panel at all. Ice is only in the bottom of bottom freezer coming out of vents?????? are we talking about the same model of kitchenaid bottom freezer refrigerator??????
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Yes, If you look under the coils there should be a metal tray on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your right there is a tray but its plastic there is a black tube from above but its sealed closed?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a different tech. Do you have the rear inner panel in the freezer removed so you can see the aluminum evaporator?