Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but in my model I

Customer Question
I read your comment...

I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but in my model I can't find any drip tube, or any tube from the bottom freezer at all. I'am getting water and ice from some looking vent and the water leaks down to the bottom of the freezer? Stan 2012 model kbfs20evms11

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I read your comment to ***** ***** 43 but I can't find any tube the water seems to be coming from vent slots upper level of bottom freezer water forms at the bottom and freezes. what to do to prevent this? model kbfs20evms11 year 2012 thanks Stan

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Do you still need help?

You did not answer my question yet? My appliance is a kitchenaid o gave you the model number already so what is causing the ice to form

Have you removed the back panel from the freezer?

I removed back panel and did not see any hose or tube from the freezer area???

There should be a drip tray on the bottom, if it is full of ice you will not see the hole.

there is no ice in the back panel at all. Ice is only in the bottom of bottom freezer coming out of vents?????? are we talking about the same model of kitchenaid bottom freezer refrigerator??????

Yes, If you look under the coils there should be a metal tray on the bottom.

your right there is a tray but its plastic there is a black tube from above but its sealed closed?
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello, I am a different tech. Do you have the rear inner panel in the freezer removed so you can see the aluminum evaporator?