Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have model FDB751SCBO. Control knob not advancing. Seems to

Customer Question

Have model FDB751SCBO. Control knob not advancing. Seems to be in rinse mode continually.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there are 2 reasons why the timer won't advance when it gets to rinse cycle---either the control board is bad, or the water isn't heating up. If you let it run for house and the water goes to room temperature, then you need to check your heater for continuity as well as the thermostat under the dishwasher for continuity. If either part doesn't have continuity then you need to replace it. The thermostat is part 29 on the diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for parts diagram

Now other than that if both parts check good, whether the water is heating or not, you need to replace the timer because it's not advancing.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?