Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our dryer is making a god awful sound. We took it apart and

Customer Question
our dryer is making a...
our dryer is making a god awful sound. We took it apart and cleaned all the debris out. We couldn't see any visible sign as to where the noise was coming from. Both front wheels where moving freely. nothing caught in the blow wheel. While we had the door off and no clothes inside. We didn't here the noise. I ran a batch of clothes. Yep it was still there. I checked with or without clothes and it still squalled. But after it ran a bit it quite but came back occasionally. I would call this noise metal on metal or plastic on plastic.
would you venture to say what it might be. We just do not have the funds to call a repair man and are forced to try and fix this ourselves.
Please Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while

I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your quesion.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today. Once I have answered your question, you will see the rating system please go ahead at that time and take the time to give me a rating, even if you feel you will have follow up questions it's ok to go ahead and still rate me it will not close the question and you will still be able to get back to me for any follow questions you may have.

I ask this because not saying you would but I have found that I will spend a lot of time helping some customers getting there problem resolved and they don't even bother to leave a rating and it gets really Disappointing. I am willing to help you get your problem resolved, so please do the rating for me as soon as you see the rating system available, and if you still have follow up questions I will be glad to continue helping you, thanks so much.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

On that unit there is also a set of drum supports (roller wheels) in the back of the dryer behind the drum on the back wall of the dryer you have to remove the tub to get to them those are the ones that wear out usually if they look good then the only other thing is can be is the belt tentioner pulley. Just those things figure out which it is and you will be back in business as usual, give me a few minutes and I will get you the part numbers for the replacement parts.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Belt pulley - Dryer Drum Roller Assembly

Part #: DC97-07509B

There are two of these on the back wall if you find one bad I would advise replacing both:

Dryer Drum Support Roller

Part #: DC97-07523B

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do we take out the drum
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

be glad to continuing to help you once you have rated my service , thanks so much

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Quite frankly you seem more worried about your rating than helping me. I got this much from utube and don't feel like it was worth the cost, which, by the way, said it was a $5 deposit and you deducted $32 from my acct. The rest was upon my satisfaction. So at this point I'm not very satisfied. So I don't wish to pay that fee for this information.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm waiting for my refund on my card before I rate you. That rating will depend on my refund
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will call bank and reverse that transaction then.
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson