Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Duet front loaded as a blinking" door lock" and…

Customer Question
Whirlpool Duet front loaded as...
Whirlpool Duet front loaded as a blinking " door lock " and will not start? Door appears locked and tight.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this indicates a faulty or stuck door lock assembly. Try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and waiting another 5 after it's been plugged in. If it doesn't reset, the lock will need to be replaced. You can get inside and manually unlock the door from the top. Unplug the machine and remove the top. Reach down to the lock and pull down on the small loop on the end of the lock the door will open. You may be able to access the lock from the front if your bottom panel comes off.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

It was worth the $$, the instructions worked !! Thank you

Awesome. Please remember to rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Thanks