Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Older 5star gas range TTN480 or TTN491, (I can't find the…

Customer Question
Older 5star gas range TTN480...
Older 5star gas range TTN480 or TTN491, (I can't find the model sticker?) with basic spark Igniters that continue to stay on in the all knob positions. I cook with the clicks. :). Thanks for your help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

The igniter wires, in addition to lighting the burners, act as flame sensors and send a signal to the spark module to turn the spark off. One or more of the wires is not getting hot enough to turn the module off. Check to make sure the spark wire(s) at the burners you use are glowing orange in the burner flame. The wires can be gently bent to adjust their position in the burner flame.

t

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Take no offense. But may I question the answer. If I may.Eg, even my old funky home whirlpool gas stove turns off the igniters once the knob is turned past the ignition position EVEN with the gas valve shut OFF and no flame.I tried the same experiment with the five star range. With or without gas and with or without flame, all the igniters continue to spark even past the ignition position on the knob.That said. What are you thoughts on a do it yourself fix. I would like to save this from the garbage dump if I can.Yours; former great car mechanic of years. We can do this. Thanks Michael

I think the spark module is to blame for the problem. Here's all the information I can find. For a service manual, go to www.fivestarrange.com/public/pdf/products_manual.pdf. For part numbers and prices, go to www.appliancepartspros.com, and follow their parts location procedure. The part number for the spark module is wf 10331686.

If I can be of further assistance, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?