Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I over boiled water in a pot and it went dry and then shut…

Customer Question
I over boiled water in...
I over boiled water in a pot and it went dry and then shut itself off on my Kitchen Aide KICU500XBL induction cook top.
Now it won't turn on. I have tried holding the reset button for 10 seconds and switching the power on and off several times.
A technician has just replaced two major circuit boards; the one in the middle near the back of the unit where power comes in and the main control circuit board where you turn it on and off and set cooking levels.
HELP!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What does the unit do?

See my initial comments.

If the unit will not turn on and the boards have been replaced the touchpad on the actual glass top was damaged which can happen if you had a big spill over, high voltage can short out the low voltage touchpad very quickly. You will need this part to get that working again.

Part #

W10328516

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks