Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I am having trouble with the handle…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is...

Hi, My name is ***** *****. I am having trouble with the handle on my freezer. It needs to be screwed in, but I can't figure out how to access the screws.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

One side of the handle is loose and the other side completely came off. It is a Whirlpool refrigerator model GB2FHDXWSO4

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

To remove this handle you must grab the handle and yank straight to the left really hard with a quick jerk. Now sometimes the handle is installed upside down because the installers remove the handles to get through your door way and when they put it back on they put it on upside down. Nothing changes except that you must grab the freezer handle and yank to the right really hard with a quick jerk to unclip and remove the handle. Then you can tighten down the mounting bolts behind the handle and re-install the handle.

If you need to remove the refrigerator handles, the same process is used except you lift and pull straight up hard.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you. Being that the handle is already loose and one side is completely off, jerking it to the left and right is not working.

You may need to push the handle in toward the door and then yank. I'm not sure there is another way to remove the handle even if it's loose.

You can also try to put a block of wood on the side of the handle and hit it with a hammer while someone is pulling on the handle in order to create the jerking movement needed to unclip the handle.

Thank you, ***** ***** working. How do I go about getting my deposit refunded?
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech would you still like some help?

I really think I am going to have someone come to the house. How can I get my $ refunded?