Baxter. GE washer spins but not removing as much water from…

Baxter. GE washer...

Baxter. GE washer spins but not removing as much water from clothes as it should.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's not just when on gentle or permanent press. Just started happening. Washer is 8-10 yrs old maybe. top... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's not just when on gentle or permanent press. Just started happening. Washer is 8-10 yrs old maybe. top loading. unsure of exact model bc I'm not at home. either WHSE3100 WLSE 4210 or 3150, or WMSE 3140

2/2/2016
Joel Swenson

If any of those model numbers are the correct one then the most likely cause of that issue is that the washer is not spinning properly because the clutch is slipping, it's located under the washer at the bottom of the motor and is fairly easy to change, it is held on by a retaining clip that can be knocked off with a screwdriver and a hammer, also check that the belt is tight while you are under there before replacing the clutch, the belt may be slipping on the clutch.

give me a second to find you the part number, thanks.

Washer Clutch

Part #: WH05X0253

the clutch is listed as 608 on the diagram you just knock off that retaining clip and the clutch will slide off the motor shaft:

diagram click here

If your washer does not have the clutch then you need to find the correct model number so I can further assist you:

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Joel Swenson
Thanks Joel. I have verified it is the WLSE 3150 model. I'll check the belt before replacing the clutch and see where that gets us.

sounds good let me know if you run into any problems, thanks for the rating.

You're quite welcome. Appreciate the quick response to the question.

you are welcome, also just a tip, if you pull the front panel off and run the washer on a spin cycle, make sure it has a load of clothes on it, and just watch as the washer goes into spin you will see if the belt is slipping or if the clutch is the culprit. now if you see that the belt and clutch seem to be working correctly it may be that the motor is just to weak to get to a high rpm spin. You will just have to watch it as it goes into spin and go from there.

ok, thanks. I just saw this with your tip, but i have already ordered the clutch. it should arrive today. i'm sure i can return it if need be. I will take the front off and observe. the belt should be pretty easy to assess, but what should i look for to determine if the clutch is the problem? thanks

well you will be looking for the belt slipping, moving on the pulley of the clutch but not actually turning the pulley much, or the clutch is turning but the tub is not moving as fast as the clutch, which means the clutch is slipping.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Kenmore Elite front load washer. It shakes badly
I have a Kenmore Elite front load washer. It shakes badly during the spin cycle and makes a loud noise the washer moves forward about 7 to 8 inches from the shaking … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My mother compains that her top load washer spin cycle spins
My mother compains that her top load washer spin cycle spins so fast that her cloths come out almost dry and ALWAYS wrinkled to the point she irons everything. Is there a speed control on a 5-8 yr old… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
GE top load washergtwn4250d1ws washed a load fo towels
GE top load washergtwn4250d1ws washed a load fo towels washer worked fine did a second load of perment press … read more
Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
1st of all I can't get to my model and serial #'s. The
1st of all I can't get to my model and serial #'s. The problem with my Ge washer is the clothes are still very wet after the spin. … read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
Maytag Performa washer, the spin cycle doesn't work. Washer
Maytag Performa washer, the spin cycle doesn't work. Washer about 10 yrs old … read more
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology
I have a whirlpool top load washer model LA5578T. We stated
I have a whirlpool top load washer model LA5578T. We stated noticing that the "knits/Gentle cycle" did not fully drain and cloths remained wet. All other cycles "appeared" to work correctly. I looked … read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Front loader WFWW95HEXWO. 5 yrs old. Stopped filling with
Front loader WFWW95HEXWO. 5 yrs old. Stopped filling with water. No pump sounds. Nothing. Changed setting & restarted. Got some water but not proper amount. Checked filters . Not clogged… read more
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave
The final minute of the estimated time remaining on my Maytag
The final minute of the estimated time remaining on my Maytag front load washer (Model MFW9700SQ1) takes much longer than a minute--sometimes 30 minutes or more longer. What is causing this?… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
All clothes, even the non-iron, easy care, come out of my Maytag
All clothes, even the non-iron, easy care, come out of my Maytag Cenntinal machine needing ironing. I have never had a machine produce such wrinkled loads. Thanks you your help with this nasty problem… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Jon, this is a new question about a Whirlpool Washer Model
Jon, this is a new question about a Whirlpool Washer Model LA5558XTW0. What if most everything works on this older machine but in the Permanent Press Spin Cycle it spins some of the water out but not … read more
Jon
Jon
Owner/President,
My front load washer is ripping up clothes on the spin/rinse
My front load washer is ripping up clothes on the spin/rinse cycle. clothes are getting trapped in the billows while the drum spins. This has happened in 10 plus loads and we have not over loaded the … read more
Robert
Robert
Owner/Lead Technician,
Hello - We just bought a new Bosch Axxis washing machine, WAS20160UC
Hello - We just bought a new Bosch Axxis washing machine, WAS20160UC - serial no. XXXXXXXXXX I've done two loads of laundry without problem, other than needing to re-level the machine. I'm testing the… read more
Craig
Craig
Electrical Director,
Vocational, Technical
Stop searching for answers—
I have a GE clothes washer Model # WSSE5210B1WW, serial #AD900434G.
I have a GE clothes washer Model # XXXXX serial #AD900434G. It is 8 years old and the spin cycle no longer is functioning. I have tried just using the final spin after the washer has stopped its cycle… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool top loader - WTW5300SQ0 - that is about
I have a Whirlpool top loader - WTW5300SQ0 - that is about 4 years old. It gets a lot of use since I cloth diaper, but never had problems until recently. About half of the time when it comes to the sp… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our 10-year old washing machine washes and rinses fine in the
Our 10-year old washing machine washes and rinses fine in the "normal" cycle, but will not spin and instead the motor whines. I tried several loads and each time removed the clothes soaking wet and pu… read more
Tech/owner,
My washer will not drain water during the spin cycle in the
My washer will not drain water during the spin cycle in the regular fabric setting. I am able to still wash in the permanent press setting. My washer is 15 yrs old and I don't know if it is fixable. A… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool WFC7500VW. If I set the option for gentle
I have a Whirlpool WFC7500VW. If I set the option for "gentle spin" will it disengage the extended (faster) spin?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Roper top load washer RAX4232PQ0 that runs thru the
I have a Roper top load washer RAX4232PQ0 that runs thru the cycles but does not drain in the end.No matter whether I use regular, permanent press , gentle, etc.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,