Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My 18 month old kitchen aid ref ridge is making a loud

Customer Question
humming noise and my ref...
my 18 month old kitchen aid ref ridge is making a loud humming noise and my ref ridge isn't getting cold. thoughts?
wayne
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can you tell me where is the humming coming from?

And how long does this humming last?

And if you open the freezer door do you see any frost or ice on the rear interior freezer panel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sounds like the fan .. shuts off every 30 minutes then come back in 15

ok which fan you have more then one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
their is frost bottom of refrigerator

do you mean the fresh food section ?

ok so you have ice in the bottom of the fresh food section .

do you see any in the freezer section?

And which fan is making the noise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
none in freezer don't know what fan

ok is the noise coming from the freezer or from under the unit?

And I do not see how you can have frost in the bottom of the fresh food section but the freezer section is not getting cold .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
noise under unit … I've cleaned the frost at the bottom of my fridge 3x,s

Ok and this frost is on the bottom of the fresh food section and the freezer section is not cooling is this all correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
freezer works fine its the refrigerator not cooling

ok the refrigerator is the entire unit.

You mean that the fresh food section is warm then !

Where is this frost in the fresh food section that you need to keep cleaning up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok fresh food section frost is behind the bottom drawer

ok if do you hear a fan in the bottom of the fresh food section behind the crispers?

are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
noise behind crisper

ok so than that means that the fan behind the crispers is not running .that is why you get the frost.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to test the fan to see if it is getting voltage to it or not?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

ok so then It has to be the fan or the control that gives voltage to the fan.

I do not suspect the fan being bad ,I lean more toward the control board.

Here is a link to the control board .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10235503/2209651?rcaid=1000070

This is the main control board mounted in the rear of the unit under the unit.

If you have any questions just reply back.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech