John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Flynn
, I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model

Customer Question

Flynn
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model #PDW9980N20SSAfter complete cycle with heated dry, low pitch humming noise coming fromUpper/center of door (inside). (About the same time this started , the 3 digit timeDisplay started giving erratic readings.)When I open door, the sound level increases 3-4 times. When door is closed, revertsback to the low pitch tone/vibration. This will continue until the reset button is pushed 2 times.Assuming (2 unrelated issues: noise & vibration) it was either the WD21X10367 Main Control Board or WD34X11158 Keypad.Replaced both. Sound/Vibration remains.Inspection of the Blower assembly, WD26X10056, shows rust and corrosion.There is also condensation in area of 3 digit display?Any ideas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Does the clothes drum rotate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a "dish"washer...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, Original question was posted and paid for 3+ hours ago. still no answer to original question concerning ge profile pdw9980n20ss
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I'm not acquainted with your appliance, so I'm going to opt out of your request.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we actively looking for another Tech who is familiar with the GE Model #PDW9980N20SS dishwasher?
Or have we given up?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

I am a different tech, does the dishwasher work at all? Also where is the noise coming from now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response,
Original issue still the same.
I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model #PDW9980N20SSAfter complete cycle with heated dry, low pitch humming noise coming from
Upper/center of door (inside). (About the same time this started , the 3 digit time
Display started giving erratic readings.)
When I open door, the sound level increases 3-4 times. When door is closed, reverts
back to the low pitch tone/vibration.
This will continue until the reset button is pushed 2 times.Assuming (2 unrelated issues: noise & vibration) it was either the WD21X10367 Main Control Board or WD34X11158 Keypad.
Replaced both. Sound/Vibration remains.
Inspection of the Blower assembly, WD26X10056, shows rust and corrosion.
There is also condensation (in area of 3 digit display) on touch pad.The washer works fine except for the noise issue...something not shutting off at completion of cycle...
Process of elimination,
The only thing that would be a continuous noise producer in the top left/center is the blower motor.
I put one on order earlier this afternoon. I'll let you know the outcome when I get it installed.

Have you checked the wiring where it makes the bend at the door for a broken or shorted wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All appears intact. No broken/bent/detached wires.
Only visible indication is the corrosion on the fan motor assembly, and the fact that it will not shut-off.
But, then again...it is a GE :-(

Well we need to start unplugging items to see what is causing the noise to happen. Can you unplug the items, fan , motor etc until it stops so we can narrow it down.