Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Flynn
, I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model #PDW9980N20SSAfter complete cycle with heated dry, low pitch humming noise coming fromUpper/center of door (inside). (About the same time this started , the 3 digit timeDisplay started giving erratic readings.)When I open door, the sound level increases 3-4 times. When door is closed, revertsback to the low pitch tone/vibration. This will continue until the reset button is pushed 2 times.Assuming (2 unrelated issues: noise & vibration) it was either the WD21X10367 Main Control Board or WD34X11158 Keypad.Replaced both. Sound/Vibration remains.Inspection of the Blower assembly, WD26X10056, shows rust and corrosion.There is also condensation in area of 3 digit display?Any ideas

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Does the clothes drum rotate?

This is a "dish"washer...
John, Original question was posted and paid for 3+ hours ago. still no answer to original question concerning ge profile pdw9980n20ss

I'm not acquainted with your appliance, so I'm going to opt out of your request.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Are we actively looking for another Tech who is familiar with the GE Model #PDW9980N20SS dishwasher?
Or have we given up?
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech, does the dishwasher work at all? Also where is the noise coming from now?

Thanks for the response,
Original issue still the same.
I have a GE Profile dishwasher, Model #PDW9980N20SSAfter complete cycle with heated dry, low pitch humming noise coming from
Upper/center of door (inside). (About the same time this started , the 3 digit time
Display started giving erratic readings.)
When I open door, the sound level increases 3-4 times. When door is closed, reverts
back to the low pitch tone/vibration.
This will continue until the reset button is pushed 2 times.Assuming (2 unrelated issues: noise & vibration) it was either the WD21X10367 Main Control Board or WD34X11158 Keypad.
Replaced both. Sound/Vibration remains.
Inspection of the Blower assembly, WD26X10056, shows rust and corrosion.
There is also condensation (in area of 3 digit display) on touch pad.The washer works fine except for the noise issue...something not shutting off at completion of cycle...
Process of elimination,
The only thing that would be a continuous noise producer in the top left/center is the blower motor.
I put one on order earlier this afternoon. I'll let you know the outcome when I get it installed.

Have you checked the wiring where it makes the bend at the door for a broken or shorted wire?

All appears intact. No broken/bent/detached wires.
Only visible indication is the corrosion on the fan motor assembly, and the fact that it will not shut-off.
But, then again...it is a GE :-(

Well we need to start unplugging items to see what is causing the noise to happen. Can you unplug the items, fan , motor etc until it stops so we can narrow it down.