Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirpool Gold side by side refrigerator/freezer. It…

Customer Question
I have a Whirpool Gold...
I have a Whirpool Gold side by side refrigerator/freezer. It operates it recently has begun to operate intermittently. Working then stopping. Are you able to advise why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

I'm not sure what "working when stopped" means.

Do you hear the refrigerator running when the refrigerator stops cooling or is the unit 100% silent?

100% silent.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section?

GD25DFXFH02

OK perfect, thank you. Since the unit is going completely silent, it means that your thermostat is just beginning to fail. The thermostat is located up by the control you move to adjust the REFRIGERATOR temperature. You'll need to order and replace this thermostat inside the control panel and below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?