Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas…

Customer Question
Hi there. My name...

Hi there. My name is***** bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas Conversion kit. The kit has everything except "stop pins". I'm not even sure what those are or what they do?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I bought a Brinkmann grill and recently got the Natural Gas Conversion kit. The kit has everything except "stop pins". I'm not even sure what those are or what they do?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Stop pins are placed on the burner gas valves to limit the amount you can turn the knobs. Did you change out any gas valves?

I bought the grill not realizing it was designed for propane. So then I bought the Natural Gas Conversion Kit. Unfortunately the kit was supposed to come with stop pins and didn't for whatever reason. Brinkmann has now filed for bankruptcy and they are no longer selling any products. So getting the stop pins at this point is not likely to happen. But I still want to use the grill with natural gas. The conversion kit came with gas valves to replace the propane valves, so I have that. I have everything except the stop pins.

Are you able to turn the gas valve knobs more than one turn? If so, there's the possibility that the valve stem may be removed from the valve. If the gas was connected, when this happened, the danger of a fire at the front of the valve occurring. As long as no one using the grill turns the valves out too far, it may be used safely.

In the meantime, I'll inspect the many gas valves I have on appliances, to see if I can advise you on how to make and install the pins. The pins are actually only a use safety feature.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?