Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thank you. The Model number is WTW5300VW2 and Serial Number…

Customer Question
Thank you for responding....
Thank you for responding. The Model number is ***** and Serial Number is *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

What is the unit doing or not doing?

This is a bit frustrating. I already detailed the two issues I was having, but it appears you only got the second response. Here's a copy of the initial inquiry: I have two problems - 1) How do I let the machine fill with HOT water, and 2) How can I get the machine to fill faster? 1) The water coming out of my tap is 130 degrees, which is what I need to wash the bed linens in, but the machine, even on the hot water setting alternates between hot and cold coming in, so that the "hot" wash water is only 100 degrees. Is there any adjustment to this I can make? 2) I have tried flushing the incoming line, changed the connections, checked the supply lines etc., but my washer takes an inordinately LONG time to fill. I do about 18-20 loads a week, and I timed it one day. Just to wash 1 load, not including drying takes 1 hour! My mom gets about three loads done in the time I take. The water just doesn't pour into the basin very fast at any temperature setting. It's like it's being regulated. Is there an adjustment I can make for this issue?

It is frustrating to you Because you have two separate questions going on the same issue.

I will work with you on this questions and we can say the second one is just a duplicate of this one.

#1 you can not just fill this washer with hot water .in fact the incoming water temperature is controlled by a thermostat that cycle the hot and cold on /off to maintain a preset temperature with in the ATC (automatic Temperature Control )

#2 to get it to fill faster all you can do is make sure that both hot and cold water supply valves are fully opened.

Are you on a city municipality water or on a Private well?

There is NO adjustment to raise or lower the water temperature it is don with in the ATC switch assembly

And no there is not an adjustment on hoe fast the water fills the washer that pressure is controlled by either the water company or by the pressure in the air bladder if your on a well .

This is the new EPA regulated Resource saver units saves gas or electric by regulating the water temperature. and saves on water usage by regulating the amount of water in a fill cycle.

Is the unit still in warranty?

No, it's a few years old. So I can't bypass or disable the ATC?

No you can not bypass nor disable the ATC switch .you would need to built a switch bank of several switches and flip the switches with each wash to get rid of the ATC switch .

I see you have not rated me as of yet!

I know this is probably not the answer you were hoping for ,but it is the answer I have given .
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time