Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS35FXSS9, the…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchen Aid...
I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # ***** the motor is running but no water is going in. I can't find my book. Can you help me!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

There's nothing in each corner of the dishwasher. I'm going to call somebody local! So cancel everyghing!

The front right corner is the float switch. It's a plastic dome which you can see if you open the door and remove the bottom dish rack. To see the water valve, you'd have to remove the kick panel below the door and that's in the front left corner under the dishwasher.