Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model # MFI 2269VEQ1 refrigerator will not cool, run.

Customer Question
Model # ***** 2269VEQ1 refrigerator...
Model # ***** 2269VEQ1 refrigerator will not cool, run. "Whirlpool cert." tech replaced flashing touch panel for $225.00, refrigerator still will not run.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

so they replaced the touch pad for it flashing?

And do you have the part number of the part that they replaced?

No. It was a touchpad.
Hello. Is anyone there ?

Ok I asked if the replaced the touch pad because it was flashing and you said Ni it was a touchpad

So I will ask again they just replaced the touch pad assembly because it was flashing?

And you are not the ONLY customer i assisting at this time.

No. it had an appearance of a possible water trail on the backside , (condensate drip) possible short circuit.

ok so they replaced it and you now have it flashing?

And what was the part number of that part?

W10776981

and after it was replaced is when it started to flash is that correct?

and what is flashing?

no. machine was non running. Touch pad, and all lights will blink.

ok it is still confusing .

So they replaced the touch pad because the unit was not running? correct

ok the touch pad has nothing to do with the unit running !!

With the unit running you could remove the touch pad and the unit would still work you just could not change any of the settings .

If the unit is not running it is the main control board(high voltage control ) in the right rear corner of the unit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10310240/1862775?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

I have seen several cases where the variable speed evaporator fan motor has went bad causing the main control board to fail. How do I check that to make sure it doesn't ruin the new control board?

I have not heard of that and I`m on the manufactures authorized servicer web site and see no such issues .

but you can ohm out the fan right at the fan connections in the freezer right on the Black to White wire connections

What should the reading be?

I do not think you are seeing information for your model .I say that because your model does not have a variable evaporator fan motor.

It is a single constant speed motor.

What is the supply voltage to the evaporator motor?

120 volts A/c

now the manufacturer wire diagram for your model number shows the Evaporator fan motor as a single speed A/C volts.

But the parts break down does show a variable speed Evaporator fan motor that runs off of 12 volts D/C

Lets verify the model number You gave MFI 2269VEQ1 is this correct?

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Master Tech
Master Tech