Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a new Maytag dishwasher. Mod MDB8969SDM3 Ser

Customer Question

I have a new Maytag dishwasher. Mod MDB8969SDM3 Ser F53906476 It has been working just fine. This morning I loaded it and pushed the button and it did not come on. What can I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Does the control panel light up still? Can you select all the different options and cycles? It just wont' start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the control panel does not light up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not select a cycle. There are no light on the panel.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, thank you for that added information. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE for video

Below is a link to the fuse if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit and it looks different than the one in the video above.

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to complete this task. I think an electrician should handle this. I am a widow and know nothing about removing panels or checking fuses. This was not helpful to me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to phone for an appliance repair person, not an electrician. If you provide your zip code, I can get you contact information to a service company in your area.