Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE ELECTRIC WALL OVEN MODEL JKP15.. I HAD THE CONTROL BOARD

Customer Question

GE ELECTRIC WALL OVEN MODEL JKP15.. I HAD THE CONTROL BOARD REPLACED ONCE A WHILE AGO. NOW I KEEP GETTING F3 AND F7 CODES.. I SHUT OF THE POWER AND SICONNECT THE RIBBON WIRES AND THE SENSOR CONNECTION. WITHE THE POWER OFF I HOOK EVERYTING BACK UP AND THE OVEN WORKS FINE FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN THE ERROR CODES APPEAR AGAIN.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: MY NAME IS***** DETAILS DO YOU NEED
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while

I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your quesion.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today. Once I have answered your question, you will see the rating system please go ahead at that time and take the time to give me a rating, even if you feel you will have follow up questions it's ok to go ahead and still rate me it will not close the question and you will still be able to get back to me for any follow questions you may have.

I ask this because not saying you would but I have found that I will spend a lot of time helping some customers getting there problem resolved and they don't even bother to leave a rating and it gets really Disappointing. I am willing to help you get your problem resolved, so please do the rating for me as soon as you see the rating system available, and if you still have follow up questions I will be glad to continue helping you, thanks so much.

The F3 error is a temperature sensor error, and the F7 issue is a keypad issue not a control board issue, the f7 error is a communication error between the keypad input and the main control board, sometimes as you have done cleaning the ribbon contacts between the two will solve the problem in instances where this continues to be an issue the keypad must be replaced to completely resolve the problem.

As far as the f3 error is concerned you can check the resistance of the oven sensor by removing it ( it's the probe you see sticking out the back of the oven, you can remove the two screws holding in place pull it out unplug it from the wiring harness and check the ohms of the sensor, it should be around 1100 ohms at room temperature if its not then it needs to be replaced. If it is good then it may just be throwing that error because of the f7 error. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!