Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My lg dryer works but makes no sound. Just started

Customer Question
happening....
My lg dryer works but makes no sound. Just started happening.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

****Will you please go to the dryer and open the door and push in the door switch and turn on the dryer and see if the drum turns.

It does

Sorry step away for awhile. So I am taken it its just not heating correct?

The dryer works fine, it just does not make any sounds. when it starts, ends, or turn to a different setting

Gottcha. So what your saying there is no beeps, chimes etc.. correct?

Do you happen to have your owners manual for the dryer? You might have turned off the sounds to your dryer. If it don't have a option to turn off or on the sounds you will need your control board replaced. I am going to try to see if I can find anything about it as well. Please see if you have that manual.

have you ever replaced one? if so is it difficult?

Yes I have replaced them. They are not all that bad to replace. I'm still look for info if the sounds can be turned off or on. Have you found your manual?

Okay. If you have a button on your washer that says WATER PLUS/ SIGNAL ON/OFF. If you do turn the washer on any of the cycle and hold that button for 3 seconds and see if that solves your issue. Let me know what you find.

Since I have not heard back from you I am taken it that what I suggested worked.

Could you please rate my service.

Thank you Sean

.

Could you please rate my service.

Thanks Sean