Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore range which is showing F14 and the oven

Customer Question
does not work. This happened while...
I have a Kenmore range which is showing F14 and the oven does not work.
This happened while broiling steak. Do I need a new broiler element ?
Thanks,
Dennis J. Dubsky U.S. Navy retired
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
1/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your question.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today. Once I have answered your question, you will see the rating system please use it. If you agree to this please acknowledge and thank you for your cooperation.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

The F14 error code in most cases is a loose connection between the touch panel and the electronic control (clock).

The repair is to disconnect and inspect the end of the ribbon connector from the control and be sure it is connected properly.

If the error code comes back the recommendation is to replace the touch panel and if the error code continues, replace the electronic control.

Remember to turn the power off and check the ribbon connector to the main control and see if there is any improvement.

If you send me the model number of the range I will be glad to find you replacement parts in case you need to order them, thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson