Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a question about my refrigerator. A lot of water is…

Customer Question
Have a question about my...
Have a question about my refrigerator. A lot of water is collecting in the drain pan behind the fridge.
I had a guy come by to check it out. The freon was a bit low but not unacceptably low. He added a small amount. He said the compressor was fine. The electrical
checked out OK too. The fridge is keeping cold and the freezer is freezing. The
kitchen is not unusually hot or humid.
So it seems to working fine, just a whole lot of condensation coming out.
Any sugguestions as to what's wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, an air leak causing excessive frost on the evaporator or a freon leak are what would cause this. Check the seals on the door if the seals are good, you have a sealed system issue for sure.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!