Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Professional Dishwasher. The water is…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a Frigidaire Professional Dishwasher. The water is not draining. i've removed the filter and cleaned any debris that was there. on the next cycle, it did it again. want to fix it but want to make sure i don't ruin anything

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

After running the dishwasher, water is filled up to the door. after removing the water, i have removed the filter to clean it and any debris underneath it, hoping the debris wasn't the cause of a clog. it happened again after running the dishwasher another time. does that help at all?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, the drain pump impeller on these is what normally gets clogged with debris. To start the first thing to check is where the hose connects under the sink. Remove the DW drain hose from the disposal and run a cycle to see if it will drain. Sometimes the restriction will be right there at that connection. If that tests good, the DW will need to be removed and laid on it's back. The auxiliary drain motor will need to be removed and inspected for debris. The small impeller inside the pump gets jammed with seeds and ect.. If it's clear, replace the pump because it's faulty. Unplug the unit before you attemtp any repair.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!