Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Empress fireplace insert/ I keep getting a heavy ash deposit…

Customer Question
empress fireplace insert/ I keep...
empress fireplace insert/ I keep getting a heavy ash deposit that builds up on the door glass. Its cleaned 3-4 times a week and it run some times 24/7 when it is real cold out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/31/2016
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 2 years ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF you are running it 24x7 then it could be normal to see that ash deposit, I would however do a full cleaning per the manual and see if that helps any. You will have weekly, semi daily and seasonal maintenance that needs to be done and it is very important they are all getting done, if any of them have been skipped then I would do them per the manual, click HERE for the manual and it will show and tell you the cleaning items for each component. Pellet quality is a major factor in how the pellet stove will operate. If the pellets have a high moisture content or ash content the fire will be less efficient and has a higher possibility of the fire building up and creating clinkers (hard ash build-up). If this happens, move the Slider / Damper to the right slightly to increase the air flow to the fire. IF you get everything cleaned up good and are using a good quality pellet it very well could be normal if you are running it 24x7.... Hope this helps some.... Robert