Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a two year old three door electrolux fridge. It was

Customer Question
I have a two year...
I have a two year old three door electrolux fridge. It was disconnected for about five hours to demo countertops. Now that the fridge is reconnected the water dispenser is not working, nor is water going to the ice maker. I have checked to make sure the water was on. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Nancy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
2/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the water has been turned back on and verified on, it is likely that the water line was kinked when the refrigerator was pushed back into position. Can you inspect the water line to see if it has been kinked or pinched?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have pulled the fridge out from the wall and the water still is not coming out. The line is not kinked.

Can you hear the water valve humming or buzzing when you depress the water dispenser paddle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can.

So it has to be a problem with the water supply. It is possible the valve has failed but very, very unlikely that both the dispenser and ice valve failed at the same time. Are you absolutely certain the water has been turned back on to the refrigerator?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
While I had the fridge pulled out from the wall I turned the valve and tested it both ways. Nothing. I have even turned the fridge off for and hour. I read in a blog the the line could freeze. Still nothing. I've even tried the factory reset button. I guess I'll have to get a plumber to come out. Thank you for your help.

Try turning the valve on the supply line only half way and see if it dispenses. I have seen those valves close when turned all the way in either direction.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that, no change.

The next step will be to remove the hose from the valve and see if water comes out when the water is turned on with the hose in a bucket.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, we have come full circle. I tried this the very first thing along with everything else.

I am o0ut of ideas, probablyy need to get a plumber in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I thought too. Thanks.
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Can you confirm that when you had the water supply pipe disconnected with one end in a bucket you actually had water coming out of it? You don't state either way in your original information request?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
water came out. Everything worked until it got to the fridge. I have called a plumber.
bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco