Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a jenn-air stove and the broiler doesn't work. The…

Customer Question
I have a jenn-air stove...
I have a jenn-air stove and the broiler doesn't work. The element seems OK. Model SVE 47600W.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

The element is either good or bad. Does the element have continuity or is it getting 220v when set to broil? You have either a faulty element or relay on the main board. You need to either ohm the element out or make a live voltage check to determine which part has failed.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!