Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a cuisinart stand mixer - model sm70bc. There is

Customer Question
I have a cuisinart stand...
I have a cuisinart stand mixer - model sm70bc. There is power to it - that is the digital display lights up but the mixer will not start. I can hear the switch click but nothing happens. I would like to try replacing the switch but don't know how to reach the digital display. Also, I need the replacement part.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The problem is likely to be a thermal fuse in line with the motor, not the switch. This is very common. There are no replacement parts for this model listed, but sometimes there is a number written directly on the fuse that will allow a generic part to be sourced. You will need to remove the bottom panel to locate this fuse.

The thermal fuse will look like the part at the link below. It may be tested by measuring continuity through it.

CLICK HERE

Still can't find anything that looks like a thermal fuse. Would it be inside one of the pictures I sent?
Thanks

The fuse will be beyond the panel in the bottom. You will see lots of other wires and such, too!

Were you able to look at the pictures I sent? It would help to know whether the fuse is inside one of the pictures I sent. Otherwise I am completely lost. I really do not know what you mean by the panel at the bottom. Thanks, Doron
Also, what makes you think it is the thermal fuse rather than the switch at the on button.

You will need to access the motor assembly. Can you post a picture of the internal components you see? The pictures you posted are only showing a couple of wiring harnesses.

Does that mean I have to take apart that cylindrical motor housing? This is not easy to do.

Probably, a picture of the insides will help.

Not sure how to open the cylinder without breaking the casing.

Can you post a picture looking up inside? They are not really designed to be repaired, so it may have been sealed during assembly and will not be able to be repaired.

Here are are pictures of the motor.

It looks like the fuse on that motor is internal and part of the motor. I do not believe it is able to be repaired.