Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator. I 't know the model, but it…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool refrigerator...
I have a whirlpool refrigerator. I don't know the model, but it has the refrigerator on the top, freezer on the bottom. Lately, a little pool of water has been leaking out of the front, a little at a time. It's about a cup at a time. What's going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/30/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

It's likely that the defrost water catch pan, at the bottom of the unit, is overflowing, during the defrost cycle. Because water will stand in the pan for a time, after the defrost cycle ends, life tends to form in the water, partially filled the pan to the point that it can't hold all the defrost water.

Do you need further assistance, before your request times out?