Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Hdi7282u/03 bosch I had to replace the glasstop slide in

Customer Question

Hdi7282u/03 bosch
I had to replace the glasstop for the slide in range. I opened the control panel and disconnected the wire cable to the control panel (didn't turn power off). When I went to put wire cable back on I may have connected to wrong ports on board (there are two areas that look the same).
I do not get any power to the board and no lights in oven. I flipped breakers. No luck but I do seem to get 220 going into oven. Did I fry the board or is there some reset feature for control panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no reset. If you connected it wrong, you damaged the boards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried replacing the power module board and the control panel board on the front and still get no visible power on the controls. I checked the power coming in and I have 240 across the hot legs and 120 on each of the hot legs with ground.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect there is more damage than I am going to be able to help with at this point. I suspect you will need to contact a servicer for an in home visit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

If you have replaced the control board and the relay board, you need to check the both red wires coming from L1 terminal to the relay board, sounds like you may have melted that wire somewhere if you have voltage at the relay board then you just have a bad user interface board, you can check voltages at the interface connection for proper output from the relay board - see instructions click here

hope that helps:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!