Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sears Kemore clothes dryer. It is 3 years old. Part…

Customer Question
I have a Sears Kemore...
I have a Sears Kemore clothes dryer. It is 3 years old. Part number 110.63012101. The dryer stopped running. I set the the timer And temp. When I press the start button it makes a sound behind the timer knob. Maybe a soft grinding or popping?? Not real about the sound.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

that sound you are hearing is just the timer running, you probably never noticed it before because you could not hear it over the motor running, so that noise is probably normal the most common problem on that model for not doing anything is a bad door switch, open the dryer door and you will see a little arm sticking out from the top right, press that in and it should make a clicking sound, usually what happens is that breaks, so if the arm is not there or its broken or it does not make a clicking sound its bad and needs to be changed, even if it does click that does not mean its good you will need to check it for continuity with a meter to be sure its good.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

here is a video that will show you how to get to the door switch if you need to:

video - click here

If you find the switch to be good let me know and we will go from there, in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

My door switch has three wies rhe video showed two. How do I use multi meter
when I test the two outside wires on way open other closed
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Here is a video that will show you how to test the 3 wire switch. video click here

Found the therrmo fuse blown. Shpold I change the other part beside it. Is it temp sensor?
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson