Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher is not pumping all the water out. I know some…

Customer Question
Dishwasher is not pumping all...
Dishwasher is not pumping all the water out. I know some water is left in tub for the seals not to become dry, but this water is in the entire tub. Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The unit only drain via a preset time length.

If it is not fully draining you either have a pump that the impeller is bad and it is not pumping the proper volume of water , or the drain line itself has a restriction in , and even 1/4 restriction will add 1/4 the drain time.

Does the unit drain into a disposal?

Drains into a breather tube then there is a hose going to the disposal

ok and you never see any water coming out of the air gap(breather tube) when the unit drains?

Once in awhile, but not lately. I disassembled these hoses and checked the breather pipe. I drained the tub by using the drain hose when it was disconnected and ran the dishwasher again with same result.

ok so then it has to be a pump issue.

How handy are you?

In order to repair the pump you will have to take the top of the pump apart to gain access to the impellers .

The kit is less then $30.00

To gain access to the pump and impeller I have to remove the water wand, filter, etc. indi
Inside the tub, correct?

Yes that is correct.

Here is a parts break down http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00037527/680/900

the kit is item #10

these replace parts through the pump .

And here is a link to the kit

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Impeller-And-Seal-Kit/12001489/400471?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.