Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hobart LX 30 trys to run but clicks out within a second or…

Customer Question
Hobart LX 30 trys to...
Hobart LX 30 trys to run but clicks out within a second or two.....e5 error
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/29/2016
Appliance Technician: chester298, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
chester298
chester298, Home Appliance Technician

Hi and welcome to Justanswer.

Initially, E5 would be a not draining issue. Check to see if 1) your drain hose is not kinked/plugged and 2) are your probes clean. If neither of these issues are the culprit, it could be a stuck drain body, failed pump motor or shorted drain solenoid.

Also it's likely that the drain pump diverter valve is not closing completely, as you've guessed. If you remove the front panel, you should be able to access the pump assembly. First, try to move the diverter valve manually to see if it's stuck. Second, try to move it from one side of the chamber to the other without obstructions. If you can't, you'll need to remove the pump assembly to check it for foreign materials.

Hope this initial info helps.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...