Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My power light on my may tag washer will not turn on and the…

Customer Question
My power light on...

My power light on my may tag washer will not turn on and the door is locked with clothes in it i tried the switch

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Tried to do a load of clothes, shout the door. it locked and will not turn on. it is OFF power? and the only button on is the locked door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

You have a defrost drain line issue. The drain line is blocked with ice. You need to remove the items in the freezer and the back panel in the freezer to expose the drain pan and hole under the evaporator. Then defrost the ice and line with hot water and a turkey baster or steamer if you have one. Once the drain line is clear confirm it by pouring a 1/2 cup of water down the drain hole and see if the water drains. If so put it all back together and you should be good to go!.c

You may have a pump issue or failure, you need to drain the unit to get the door to unlock. Can you get a shopvac and suck from the drain hose end to suck all the water out of the machine then plug the machine back in and see if it will unlock the door. Let me know