Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. I have a Maytag front loading washer, model…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm *****...

Hi. I'm ***** *****. I have a Maytag front loading washer, model MAH4000AWW. The door lock won't engage. Therefore, it won't start or response when I press the start button. There's only an instant click sound and nothing more. I've checked the switches on the door lock for continuity and there is continuity. I checked the wax motor for continuity but didn't reading, don't know if continuity applies to this actuator. Also, I replaced the motor control board and there is no sign of burn or damage on the motherboard around the triac or resistor associated with the door lock.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I've test the wires going into the wax motor and did get a full current reading. If the start button fails, does it causes these symptoms: door lock won't engage and washer won't start or spin?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/29/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The wax motor should ohm out to 1900 ohms!

And your 100% sure you get no resistance at all correct?

The reading for the wax motor is 1.3 kilo ohms and no resistance.

Any ohm`s reading is resistance!

Are you testing the wax motor or the wax motor circuit at the control board ?

And what are the first three digits of the serial number please?

i apologize, resistance. I tested the actual wax motor, at the door latch site. The three digits are: 452.

ok and I have no idea what (The three digits are: 452.) this means?