Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model number smh2117s microwave door will not stay

Customer Question
closed,latch appears broken ,how do...
model number smh2117s microwave door will not stay closed,latch appears broken ,how do i determine correct part number and any source for instructions how to replace?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If you open the door and lift up on the plastic door latch prongs on the door itself, does it have any spring tension pulling down on them?

No . Was able to find a video solution from another source and have fixed the problem by reattaching the spring to the key. Your service is helpful but slow and expensive. Thanks anyway.

I responded 2 minutes after you asked the question. Either way good luck and take care.