Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag dryer moder# mdg9700aww code 65 wont start…

Customer Question
I have a maytag dryer...
I have a maytag dryer moder# ***** code 65 wont start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

did you jump the thermistor with a resister or just a piece of wire?

And there is no error code of 65 .

Are you sure this is not the run time it was programmed for?

it wont start at all

Do yuo have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to do any voltage or component tests?

And I asked this before (did you jump the thermistor with a resister or just a piece of wire?)

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Are you there??

i used a wire and i know better yes i can use a volt ohm meter

ok by shorting the thermistor you may have fried the main control board .

Are you able to power the unit off and select a different cycle and get a display to show in the control display?

it is not really a 65 looks more like a upside down F and a number 5 when I turn it off and the push the start button it flashes a number 1 before the code

ok that is a tS for a shorted thermistor!!

a thermistor on the board or the one down in the exhaust cause I un plug it and jump it disconnected

lets either ohm out the units thermistor if you have Volt-Ohm meter . if not lets remove the jump you installed and then try to start the unit.

You only have one thermistor and that is on the filter housing .

i did remove the jumper and connected it back on the thermistor same thing
do you have a phone where i can call you?

ok do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to test the resistance of the thermistor or to test it to chassis ground?

We need to test the thermistor to see if it is actually bad or if it is a control board issue.

I am not in front of the dryer right now how long can you wait so i can go and test the rhermistor?
thermistor

just reply back to me it will come right to me !

At room temp 70-72 degree the thermistor will ohm out at 10 K ohms and should not have resistance to ground at all.

Thermistor is 16000 ohms
I pretty sure the thermistor is good there was no Arc its mounted on plastic housing so its not grounding out I have wiring schematic trying to trace it out
are you still there?
e mail me***@******.***

ok what was the temperature in the room when you tested the thermistor?

It should be 10K ohm at 70-72 degrees

The only way that the 16000 ohm is with in spec is if the ambient temperature around the thermistor is below 60 degree

I got it to turn on but burner stays on for 7 seconds only I replaced the coils on the valve and it does the same thing

do you have it all back together so that you have air flow over the flame and into the dryer? if not a thermostat will cause that because with out air flow it just gets too hot?